Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Frequent The Dog Park

Greenhouse? 1Oak? Bungalow 8? Nope. There's no place more "happening" than Tompkin's Square Dog Park.

After living three months in East Village, I have realized there are two types of people in New York City:
1) Those who own dogs, and
2) Those who sadly don't own dogs.

You're either in or you're out--literally. Dog parks and their cute, painted wooden benches invite all dog-owners (old, hip, fratty, married, single & ready to mingle) to lounge in this happy land where cute, furry things frolic about, while non-dog owners (a.k.a. me) are drawn to the park like flies and watch from the fences. I frequent the dog park so much, that I have given the 'regulars' names, such as 'Manbearpig' (shown below). I know the dog does not look like a man-bear-pig--it's more bear than anything--but bear-pig-dog just doesn't have the same ring to it.On a nice, sunny weekend afternoon, I recommend stopping by Tompkin's Square Dog Park for a few minutes. Chances are you'll see some dog-on-dog action and dog owner drama, and then you will understand why this place is awwwwwesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment