Monday, March 15, 2010

Dunkin' Donuts: The Biggest Letdown of Spring

There is only one day in the year which I will drink coffee and that day is the first day of Spring when Dunkin' Donuts gives out FREE ICED COFFEE.  This spring freebie has gone on for at least the past three years, because I remember drinking my first Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee Sophomore year (still decked in winter gear) in Kenmore Square.  Turns out, I may not get my caffeine fix after all this Saturday.  Dunkin' Donuts announced that it will not be giving out Free Iced Coffees in March in a press release on their site:

"Dunkin' Donuts Free Iced Coffee Day is not taking place in March this year.  Stayed tuned for our new Free Iced Coffee date!"
WHAT?!  How can a brand, a national food chain that has claimed association to a very significant day in the year give up that association?  It is like asking Subway to raise its footlong prices to $6.  You can't abandon your claim.  Okay, it may be a recession, but Dunkin' Donuts could have gained some serious foot traffic this weekend if it stayed true to its Spring ritual.  I probably would have bought myself a box of munchkins (maybe its a good thing I'm not going)!!

At least I have playoff hockey, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and floral dresses to look foward to this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment