Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This Is What $100 Worth of Fried Chicken Looks Like

When someone tells you to attend a Momofuku Fried Chicken Dinner at 10pm on a Sunday, you go.  You don't ask questions like why 10 pm? Or, how much?  You just say yes and skip lunch on Sunday to be hungry for fried chicken at 10.  Well, Jason my dear foodie friend asked me to do just that.

The fried chicken dinner is two whole chickens fried in the Korean style and Southern style (I prefer the Korean) and comes with mushu-style wrappers and fresh vegetables.  We had 8 mouths to feed so we ordered pork belly buns, a tomato salad and zucchini on the side.  I also could not resist the lychee sochu slushie.  Yumm.  I think the highlight was having fried chicken from a platter not a bucket and dipping sauces like ginger scallion, jalapeno garlic oil, hoisin and bi bim bap instead of just ketchup.  Class...that's what the $100 will get you.

Thanks Jason for planning the dinner!  The chicken was delicious, but I think sometimes at late hours of the night, fried chicken will taste just as good no matter how you fry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment