Sunday, September 26, 2010

Money Never Sleeps But I Do

The new Ganesvoort Park Avenue Hotel is now open in Gramercy with a super swanky 4-floor rooftop penthouse club/lounge Plunge that I was lucky enough to experience for an Everyday Health party last Thursday.  Ganesvoort did not hold back on decking the place up with elephant tusk-sized chandelier fixtures floating above the bar, wrap-around glass balconies you can see through the floor down 20 stories below and a pool tiled with a 40s pinup Blond next to the phrase "I'm Waiting..." overlooking the bright Empire State building.  For my first drink, I asked for a Tanqueray Tonic and the bartender told me she only had Bombay Sapphire--I'm not really sure what that says about my taste but any bar that doesn't carry Tanqueray seems a bit off to me.  I simply solved the issue by having Champagne and Goose the rest of the night, no biggie.  Plunge is everything I would expect from an exclusive New York City rooftop lounge and exactly the type of place I expect to see in a movie about capitalist New York starring Shia Labeouf or a rap video with Jamie Foxx.  I felt like I was partying in someone else's dream, and by the end of the night, all I could dream about was going to sleep in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment