Friday, October 22, 2010

CMJ Music Festival NY: Bear Hands, Oh Land, Wavves, Charlene Kaye & the Brilliant Eyes

I didn't realize how much I missed going to live shows until this week's CMJ Music Festival in NYC.  Thanks to BuzzMedia, I received an all-access pass to Pure Volume House at CBGB and got to catch indie rock Bear Hands, Danish beauty Oh Land and really, really drunk (Phoenix MSG openers) Wavves.  I couldn't stay much longer after that, considering I was up since 7:30am and had work the next day but it was nice to be in a small space with loud music... which totally reminds me, I am going to London in two weeks!

You can watch performances from that night at Pure Volume.
The KraftONE Gang courtesy of Gene Yraola
Thursday night, I stayed in Williamsburg to see sixth grade buddy Charlene Kaye perform at Bar Matchless.  I had no idea that Char was a singer and when I checked out her music on Facebook, I was absolutely amazed by how beautiful her voice was.  Seeing her in person was no different.  Charlene Kaye and the Brilliant Eyes will be playing at Googie's this Saturday above the Living Room in LES.  Support my long-time buddy!  
Watch her music video for "Mad Tom of Bedlam" and you'll see what I mean by "amazing".

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she does sound amazing. And they have such a fresh sound, I love it.

    ReplyDelete