Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Actually Like British Food

People need to stop hating on British food, because I actually like dining at pubs with familiar British favorites like Bangers & Mash, Fish & Chips, Meat Pies, etc.  I mean anything deep-fried or in the shape of a pie or sausage tastes fine by me.  Plus, dining at a pub is awesome!  It's low-key, has a good selection of ales and ciders--it's almost like bars in America minus the fratiness.  I'm sure if I was in London longer, I would be crying for a good burger and waffle fries but for now my tummy is happy and my health probably not.  Here are some of my I'm-on-vacation-so-I-can-eat-whatever-I-want meals in London (warning not all are British fare):

Bangers & Mash and Fish & Chips with Mushy Peas at Woodin's Shades near Liverpool Street
Taking a break from the British stuff, Seafood Thai Noodle Soup at Noodle Time in Greenwich
After the HP7 craziness, a nice quiet Indian birthday dinner at Preem & Prithi on Brick Lane
Papadum & Chutney, Balti Chicken Korma, Preem Special Biryani and Garlic Nan
Nina cooks a traditional Costa Rican dinner of Corn Pancakes and Rice & Beans
Although the pancakes didn't stay in pancake form it was still very delicious
Lunch with my career guru & sweetheart Sarah at Smith of Smithfield (SOS) in Farringdon
Getting my traditional English breakfast fix at The Breakfast Club in Angel
Favorite tea in the world = English Breakfast
The Full Monty--Sausage, Bacon, Beans, Mushroom, Tomato, Black Pudding, Eggs, Toast & Homefries

1 comment: