Monday, January 17, 2011

Old Hollywood Glamour at the Globes

Red carpet gowns are one of the few things that still gets the girl in me super excited, like SUPER EXCITED.  I love the sequins, diamonds, clutches, updos, side-dos and anticipation of what the stars will wear.  I ALMOST feel like I could relate to Rachel Zoe.  I was not disappointed at all at last night's Golden Globes, not even at Natalie Portman's ruby rose Viktor & Rolf dress!  The glamour and sophisticated styling choices last night reminded me of why we call these actors and actresses "movie stars", simply because these people SHINE.  Even Ricky Gervais' navy suit glimmered.  J-Lo's sheer crystal cape/cloak thing reminded me of Sandy's prom dress in Grease, which I love.  Hands down the most beautiful dress goes to Olivia Wilde's Marchesa princess gown (I usually hate strapless full-skirted dresses, but somehow the gold glitter and black made the dress less juvenile).  Megan Fox, being Megan Fox, looked HOTT (and really skinny) in a soft pink Armani Privé bandage dress.  Angelina Jolie and Anne Hathaway were mermaid twins, decked out in one-toned long sleeve sequined dresses both with plunging backs (Angie's less than Anne's).  And last but not least, Emma Stone sort of replaced what I would expect from Kate Bosworth, an understated Calvin Klein peach fitted dress.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to make more of an effort to dress up (how disappointing that I sported sweatpants and a hoodie to my friend's Golden Globes watching party), so don't be surprised if I look like a walking constellation one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment