Saturday, February 12, 2011

New York Fashion Week: Rebecca Minkoff After Party

Thanks to my college roomie and PR friend Gabs, last night I attended the Rebecca Minkoff Fashion Week after party at The Griffin in the Meatpacking District. Not usually my scene but I was excited to get dressed up nevertheless! We arrived early to avoid crowds and was surprised to see camera crews set up around a giant Rebecca Minkoff CAKE! Cake designers from the Food Network had created a ferris wheel of cake handbags, purses and shoes. Later in the night, I had quick taste of the cake and almost choked on a candied pearl--these cakes are definitely not for eating.

The Griffin was everything I would expect from a MPD club, velvet sofas, chandelier fixtures and lots of mirrors. The best part of the night was DJ Becka Diamond (who is actually from Boston!) who played some good dancy pop tunes (not all top 40) and even played Gaga's new very-Madonna-esque single Born This Way.
It's nice to get out of Brooklyn once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you and Sean came out with us! That was one of the best dance parties I've been to in a while.xoxo

    ReplyDelete