Sunday, March 27, 2011

USMNT vs. Argentina, My First US Soccer Game and Freezing Tailgate

I took work off Friday to complete my USA outfits for the US Men's National Soccer Team versus Argentina game on Saturday. The outfits were taking me longer than usual to complete due to some mechanical difficulties, but I cranked out a navy blue maxi dress with red and white stripes up-top and criss-crossed straps on the back. Modeled by Hannah below, I have to say the dress was quite a success! I also made a simple red and white stripped tank top to go with red jeans I already owned. USA outfits will surely get more face-time around July 4th.
1:50 pm: On our way to New Meadowlands Stadium from Port Authority
Tyler's repping Hawaii at a USA game...
2:15 pm: High-Five! The five kegs are here
Don't be deceived by the blue skies, the temperature was in the 30s and the parking lot a windy tundra
Smiles all around still...
and lots of USA Pride!
 With high winds we couldn't play flip cup or beer pong, so we had to improvise--beer relays!
 Lunch is here!
 Corned Beef and Turkey Sloppy Joes from Town Hall Deli in Jersey is MONEY
 6:30 pm: Heading into the NY Giants' New Meadowlands Stadium
The game ended in a tie 1-1, and according to people who actually watch US Soccer, it's a win for the US. I still don't like games that end in ties.
At the end of the very long and cold day (5 hours of tailgating, 2 hours of game and 2 hours of traveling), I had fun supporting the US and am glad they didn't lose, but I can now say with confidence that I definitely prefer hockey games over soccer games.

No comments:

Post a Comment