Thursday, June 16, 2011

Boston Bruins are Stanley Cup Champs (& I Can Finally Get The Hat I Wanted)!

Just when I thought I couldn't get back into hockey again, I witness my favorite NHL team the Boston Bruins win a Stanley Cup Championship in Game 7. My Boston friends always told me to not get attached to the Bruins because they will only break my heart, and they sure did year after year, losing 3-goal or 3-game leads. Painful as it was, there is no other arena than the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston that I feel at home in--the mustard yellow seats, fully loaded nachos and organ renditions of top 40 hits. Bruins are my team and the only professional team I have seen live; however, I have never seen them win in person. Nevertheless, I couldn't be happier that after 39 years the Lord Stanley's Cup is back in Beantown.

A year ago, I had the opportunity to touch and kiss the Stanley Cup while dreaming about the Bruins winning, and now a year later my dream has come true!! I'm planning to go to Boston for the parade and am pretty pumped to finally buy the Bruins hat I've been wanting for a while. I'm glad I waited because now there's a real hardcore version out with "2011" on the back and huge ass letters saying "Stanley Cup Champions" on the front, just the way I like it:

No comments:

Post a Comment