Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Met Model/DJ Harley Viera-Newton at The Standard NYC

I do get starstruck when I see a celebrity I admire but usually don't do much about it since it's a common occurrence in NYC; however, tonight I attended a PopSugar party at The Standard Hotel in NYC and a girl crush of mine, Harley Viera-Newton, was DJing. I couldn't help but ask to take a picture with her and she kindly accepted and let me get behind the DJ booth and put on her headphones (coincidently personal favorite Empire of the Sun's "Walking on a Dream" was playing). As I had imagined, she's a sweetheart and like any typical girl--loves fashion. I became of a fan of Harley over a year ago when I saw her in Cole Haan ads around NYC and instantly admired her effortless sense of style. She's always in cute little vintage-inspired or tailored dresses. She's a real cool kid who has a real passion for music. You can catch her DJing in various NYC hot spots like Lit, Avenue and Jane Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment