Sunday, December 11, 2011

From Cattelan to Santacon, Why I Love New York

It's my final weekend in New York City for the year and I had no intention of wasting it. Friday was sort of shot for me as the night before was the JWT holiday party... you know how that goes... but I had promised my friend Jason I'd attend Art After Dark at the Guggenheim for the Maurizio Cattelan "All" exhibit. The massive scale of the exhibit hanging from the center of the Gugg was a sight in itself. Can't really explain, so you'll just need to go see the exhibit before January 22 when it closes.
Not a surprise but I really liked the floating "Z"s
Then my weekend went from high-brow to low-brow pretty quickly with SANTACON on Saturday! Last year was pretty awesome so I was definitely participating again this year; however, I think my old age is catching up to me and this year will probably be my last. We met up at South Street Seaport and head uptown to Bryan Park. Like Cattelan, I can't really explain it so you'll just have to look at the photos:
My favorite moment of Santacon, Tyler being spanked by Santa:
GIF animations generator gifup.com
This weekend pretty much sums up everything I love about living in New York.

1 comment: