Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Indian to Beach, the 2011 Weddings That Rocked

I remember being a summer intern and my manager who was in his mid-20s told me how he was attending multiple weddings a year. There was something about his tone that made me think I shouldn't be looking forward to these "multiple weddings" when I hit my mid-20s; however, from my very first wedding in 2010 (Greg & Erin's) to the two I attended in the last two months--it is safe to say that WEDDINGS ARE AWESOME.

On November 5th, I attended my friend Jalpa's wedding in Virginia and experienced my first Indian wedding. I attempted to wrap my first saree (which I rented from Borrow It Bindaas), binge ate Indian food and danced my feet off. Everything about the wedding--the ceremony, family, music--was so lively and joyous... I can't wait until my other Indian friends get married!

Last Friday, my friend Peter graciously invited me to his sister Shelly's wedding reception in Hawaii. His invite said, "there will be a sand castle building contest" and "there's gonna be an adult pinata with adult stuff"--this was more than enough to convince me to go. Located on Kalama Beach in Kailua, the event was beautiful and low-key. I wore a tank top, shorts and slippers. Best part of the wedding was the bride and groom designed custom shirts that said "I Lava You", which everyone put on.

These two weddings are so different and unique to the two couples, but both were filled with so much happiness and celebration. I had an amazing time and very grateful to have been able to share the special moment with both couples. Congrats!

Jalpa and Amish's wedding in Chantilly, Virginia: 
David and Shelly's wedding reception in Kailua, Hawaii:

1 comment:

  1. Whether it's a formal affair at the local public gardens or an intimate gathering at your childhood home, a garden wedding will have a special feel for you, your family and friends. Garden wedding invitations are an important part of setting the mood for the day. These wedding invitation ideas will inspire you to create an invite as special as your ceremony.

    garden wedding sydney

    ReplyDelete