Sunday, February 5, 2012

What Was Left of #JasonWuForTarget

I did it guys, I woke up super early at 7 a.m. this Super Bowl Sunday to catch a ride with my friend Amber to hit up a Target store in Jersey for the launch of Jason Wu for Target Collection. We ended up leaving Brooklyn around 7:30 and made it to Bridgewater, NJ by 8:37 a.m. to find the target parking lot pretty empty and hopeful... until I stepped through the automatic doors and saw two middle aged white ladies exit each with a trash bag sized target bag filled with Jason Wu clothes--I COULD SEE THE FLORAL PRINT THROUGH THE WHITE PLASTIC! Nervous, Amber and I rushed to the Jason Wu racks to find it completely empty. Gone. Just a few rods of steel, cold, empty. What?! Target opened at 8 a.m.--it was a half hour later and there was nothing. No cute pleated shift dress in blush stripes with a black belt. Still hopeful we scoured the racks in the changing room for what was left, and surprisingly I found two tops, one small the other medium, that was cute. Yay, success. I was looking for ladylike pieces to add to my work wardrobe, which contained too much of the opposite, so I was happy with our purchases (Amber and I ended up with the same tops). You know what I'm also happy about, I bought 48 rolls of toilet paper for $12 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment